Friday, January 2, 2015

Are you Resolved?

New Year is one of my favorite holiday's of the year. I love it more than any other festival time. I'm not into the parties and the drinking and dancing, that has never been who I am and what I am about. Being a shy person, the last place you will find me is at a wild New Year's party. So why do I love this time of year so much? It's a festival that transcends all religious and cultural beliefs. It is equal to us all young old and is the same no matter how much currency you posses. Healthy or ill skinny or plump, it is the same for everyone. It is the festival of equals.

We are all at the same precipice at the same time. On the horizon of new and at the last embers of the old. It is no wonder why so many take at least a moment to reflect on the past year and look forward to the year ahead. Resolving to make improvements and to push ourselves forward to our true potential is only natural.

I have meet several people who refuse to make New Years resolutions since they never live up to them. Well..... make a different set of resolutions then! It makes no sense to resolve yourself to failure. Personally,  I never worry about whether or not I will "live up" to the resolution in the fullest. In fact, I have had resolutions that I have made more than one year. It may have taken me a few years to achieve it, but eventually I made the goal a reality.

When given a choice, I would much rather resolve to be successful in attempting and achieving my goals then to get by without direction. So resolve away and don't be afraid of missing the mark, take pride in the fact you had the courage to resolve yourself to make improvements. What changes would you like to make in the year ahead?




No comments:

Post a Comment