Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A fun and quick way to gift yourself this year.

December is the end of the year, obviously, but do you think of it in terms of finishing a full cycle and on the verge of beginning a new one? Perhaps that is why so many celebrations celebrating abundance come at this time of year. I know I like to celebrate the completion of objectives in my life. In fact, the more celebrations the better if you ask me! It means I am getting things done and moving forward.

With all of the Holiday frenzy going on, I think we miss this subtle little achievement.  Wrapping up one year and getting ready to open the New Year. You should celebrate this and not lose sight of all you have accomplished and all you hope for the future.

Here is a fun and simple idea for you, a gift to give yourself.


Take a moment to be still and quiet. a time and a space for you to reflect for just a few moments. Nothing extreme, you don't have to carve out a full hour of meditation (great if you can) this is something we busy folks can do (no matter how busy).

This whole exercise should take you no more than 10 minutes.

  1.  Once you found your time and space, think of 3 things you were able to finish this year.
  2. Jot them down on a piece of paper.
  3. Think of 3 things you would like to do next year (notice I did not say finish or start - just do)
  4. Jot them on a separate piece of paper.

The first list is to recognize, celebrate, and let go of the year and what you have accomplished. The second list is what your hopes and wishes are for the year forward.

So now what do you do? 



Roger and I are celebrating the Holidays at home this year so it's just us and our little cat, Dakota. But, we did decorate and put up the traditional tree (of course we did it for Dakota because he loves the tree). So I took my list from this year and rolled it up with a little bow and put it on the tree and I took my list for the year ahead and put in one of my decoration boxes under the tree. As you can see, Dakota is keeping an eye on it! 

On New Years Eve (my favorite Holiday of all!) we try to have a real fire in a fire pit so I will probably burn both lists.After all, there is no need to hang on to the past and I've already set the intention for the New Year so I wont need to read the list again.  

It may seem silly, but I think it is important to celebrate you're achievements and plant the wishes for your future.

Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Tres Spa Subscribe Here!

Of course, our website is always open so stop by any time www.tresspa.com or on Amazon

If you like it, share it!



Have something to add? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment