Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Pirates light at sunset

In my youth, I spent an entire summer photographing sunsets on lake Huron. It was a time I will always treasure. Every day I would rush out with my camera in hand and watch the setting sun. I would watch through the lens as the sun escaped beyond the horizon.  It still captures me to this day. It's kind of fun, and adds a bit of romance to it,  to call it the Pirates light but I still have not seen the green flash. I keep looking.

Recently, I was on a trip to Biloxi for a "Girls Getaway". One night we had dinner at a restaurant right on the beach with a magnificent view of the gulf and the coastline. While it had been a bit stormy, the skies had cleared just enough to catch the setting sun. Every person in the restaurant (including the staff) stopped and watched as the sun set beyond the horizon. We all shared the moment in silence together. We didn't see the Pirates flash but we all shared a moment of gratitude and appreciation to the ending of a beautiful day.

It all made me think of the last day of December and the cusp of the New Year ahead, that magic stroke of midnight where the baton of the future is handed off. So let's all drink a toast to the passing year and  greet the new with all of the hope and excitement we can muster. Celebrate the gifts that the past year brought us and appreciate how they will help us on our journey in the next year.

And every time to see the sun setting, take note, and remember to celebrate the gifts of the day and greet the new with refreshed joy and excitement of the pure potential it holds.

Happy New Year everyone!

Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Tres Spa Subscribe Here!

Of course, our website is always open so stop by any time www.tresspa.com or on Amazon

If you like it, share it!



Have something to add? Comment below



No comments:

Post a Comment