Friday, February 6, 2015

Avocado, the mighty little fruit

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Avocado!
Tres Spa, Avocado halved
Avocado Fruit
There are an abundant number of great reasons you should be adding this to your regular diet stemming from the 20 different vitamins, minerals, healthy fats, and high fiber. Some of my favorites are Vitamin K - most notably for blood clotting and bone health, Health defender Vitamin C - known for cardiovascular support, tissue builder, super antioxidant. Vitamin B5 which helps our bodies properly use carbs and proteins and it also helps support healthy skin. Vitamin B6 critical for key metabolic process's and proper brain functioning. Vitamin E natures best defender fighting free radicals protecting your cells from attacks. Did I mention Potassium? Be still my heart! Did you know that with every beat of your heart, almost 100,000 times a day we should be grateful for potassium as it "pulls the trigger" for your heart pump the blood through. It also supports the rest of your muscles, your nerves, and lends a hand with proper kidney functioning. 

I grew up in the Midwest and when I was younger I would go shopping with my mother every week. It was one o those chores you did. We always visited the produce isle, As I recall we did this every week we went to the store. My Grandparents gardened and grew a good deal of their fresh produce during the warm summer months and they put food by for the winter so I knew what fruits and vegetables looked like but the grocer had things we did not grow. Imagine our amazement when we first saw these little lovelies. They were next to the Kiwi (another fruit I had no idea about).  Of course we had no idea what this crazy little green nut shaped fruit was so we simply moved along. Besides, the price was too dear for us to "experiment" with it.

It wasn't until I turned 20 and moved to California that this little gem would cross my path again. I was lucky to live with my eldest sister for a time so she could orient me to my new surroundings. I will never forget the first time we went to the market together! WOW What an eye opener, the fresh produce section was gigantic and full of weird and wonderful things that I would slowly immerse myself into learning.  My sister made a bee-line for the large green fruit mound of Avocados. Can you imagine?! A giant pile of them and more than one type! As my sister loaded up her cart with giant Avocado's I noticed from the corner of my eye, nestled sweetly on the shelf, the Kiwi fruit my Mom had such a giggle out of years ago. 

So my sister was the first person to teach me how to eat an Avocado. I will admit it though, I have never been a huge an of eating them by the spoonful right out of the shell. But Guacamole...... now there is heaven on a plate!
So why am I talking about the luscious Avocado in a skin care blog? 

Remember all of those rich nutrients we talked about earlier? Those same constituents are what makes Avocado such a fantastic addition to your skin care as well. Fighting free radicals that can make our skin look dull and dingy. The oil is readily absorbed and has a reputation for helping the skin retain moisture, keeping your skin plump and full. 

So how would you add Avocado to your skin care regime? Ever have avocado's that have gotten a bit tired. You don't really want to eat them but they aren't exactly bad. How about mashing them up and using them as the wetting agent for your Tres Spa face mask? If that seems like to much work, well just place the avocado directly on your face. You wont get the added mineral and botanicals from the mask, but at least you get the vitamins. 

But wait, there's more! What about the oil? The oil is made from cold pressing the fruit pulp to extract the fatty oil. It is then refined and sold as a liquid oil. You can certainly cook with it and drizzle it cold on your veggies. We, here at Tres Spa, use Avocado oil in two products that you can enjoy. Sahara face oil, by Tres Spa, is formulated with dry skin in mind thanks to the Avocados reputation for helping the skin moisturize. For an all over body treat, try the Tres Spa apres Soliel body oil. Naturally nourishing thanks to the superb blend of natural plant oils. 

If you would like to learn more about Tres Spa and our products, visit us on-line at www.tresspa.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment