Thursday, November 5, 2015

"This little light of mine....."

I was raised Southern Baptist for part of my life and if you were too, then you know the song and you also know the moral of the story. So if you already know it, then you only need to read on if you like a good parable. Me, I always love a good story. :)


I was chatting with a customer of mine the other night. He is a huge fan of the Organic Soaps and the Organic shampoo and he wanted to purchase a Shampoo for his mother. He had stopped by my booth twice in the past. Once with his mother and this time on his own. But that's not the point of the story.I only tell you this to illustrate the brevity of our history (but not the depth). 

When I last spoke with him, we had a great conversation about life and change and doing at least one small positive thing for your health. Since I had just adopted the Raw Vegan lifestyle, I was very excited and had lots to say on the matter.  He listened intently and had wonderful genuine questions.  He was getting ready to return to semesters at school and I was getting ready to travel for a bit. We talked briefly about the changes coming and I made some comment about my Gypsy travels with the band of artisans doing art & craft shows. All in all a lovely chit chat with another one of the many amazing Très Spa customers.

Now, to the casual observer or the passer-by, there really was nothing extraordinary going on. No life changing or heavy impacting exchange taking place. Just a man buying his Organic Shampoo and a pleasant light conversation with a rather chatty proprietor. But was that all?

Fast forward a month or so.... Same young man comes by to see me again. Ok the cover story is he wants to get a shampoo for his mother, and he really does,. But that's not the "whole story". He had been looking for me every week to see if I would be there at the market in my spot. Now I love Tres Spa products and I am thrilled that so many have discovered and value them as well but the truth is, you can find them on line and you can even get them on Amazon. So there had to be more to the story.  You don't come looking for someone week after week after week just to get shampoo (even Tres Spa Organic Shampoo). And the real story  is what was playing in my very soul this morning and the song came along with it and as I type this story for you, the real story is coming to light.

You see, when this marvelous young man and I first talked weeks and weeks ago, seems I had said something that had a profound impact on him. Now, I don't know the details of his life and really that would be his story to tell. But what I can tell you is that he is facing some challenges. I don't know the magnitude, but does that really matter? No. Challenges are not the most fun things and we all experience them. The thing is, we need to go threw them and not avoid them or we have to repeat them over and over again (but all of that is for another post).

What he said to me next still reverberates and I paraphrase for you....."I've been thinking about what you said to me the last time we talked.....about the word Gypsy...." What he sees, feels, and "knows" of this word is my definition and my definition is wondrous and wonderful with passion and love. Why? Because that is what I feel when I hear or think of that word and I have been like that since I was a child. My definition shined through every fiber of my being while I was just being me. So when I was telling him my little tails of my Gypsy adventures, he was hearing all that it means to me. The same thing happens when I try to explain my synergy blend Mystic. 

So this word Gypsy, like many words, has an impact that transcends 5 letters organized in a particular way.  This word became a beacon of light for him over the last few weeks. What he had heard gave him hope in the darkness. He knew there was light in the dark and he would make it threw  He understood the importance of the transition and the strength he would have on the other side of this challenge. He knew this not because of the words that came out of my mouth, but because of what he heard me say. He listened with his whole being.

Did he do this consciously? Probably not. Did I intend the message? Probably not.   I was just being me, my goofy self, letting my light shine and trying to be a force for positive.


I was honored that he came back and checked in with me to tell me a tail of his adventures. Here is the real kicker, he had a similar impact on me. What I heard him say was thanks for being you and that my friends is deeply profound for this shy and oft times insecure person. So go out there and let your little light shine because even in the smallest most unassuming  conversations you can be a beacon of hope in someone's darkness.  So many of you have been, and continue to be, my beacon of hope!

Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Tres Spa Subscribe Here!

Of course, our website is always open so stop by any time www.tresspa.com

If you like it, share it!



Have something to add? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment