Monday, August 24, 2015

My Raw Vegan Journey Day 11

So far, so good! By day 11 I was getting a grasp of the Juicing and how to build a smoothie phase of the process. Again, the process I am trying to follow is in Heal Yourself 101, by Markus Rothkranz. I must say, I am particularly fascinated with Juices and Smoothies. Having never done them before, it's nice to have some general rules to follow and Markus' guidance has been extremely valuable.

For me, once you show me how to do a thing the first time, I get it. Explain the basic principles and the major groupings, and I get that too. Then turn me lose to figure out what works for me and I am in my glory!

I realized one day, as I was pulling together the raw ingredients for a juice, how close this resembles Très Spa.  In both situations I begin with raw natural ingredients and formulate for an end product that is nourishing and soothing. By combining plants you end up with a symphony blend where each one ingredients melds with the other to deliver the maximum benefit for your body. See, no difference from making skin care to prepping my juices and smoothies.

So back to my Raw Vegan experience. Taste! This is an important thing to mention. Your taste or perception of what tastes yummy will change. I will tell you, a good deal of the juices and smoothies that I make taste bitter and I still haven't gotten the hang of how much ginger to use. But, stick with it and your taste buds will change. This happens pretty fast and I find I now crave green with a hint of bitter. Now I can taste every layer of a smoothie or juice (as long as I control the amount of Ginger). It's really been very interesting, like formulating essential oil synergy blends.

I should also warn you, your sense of smell will sharpen. I've always had a pretty good nose, but for better or worse, it has gotten even more keen now.

I'm still in my infancy as a Raw Vegan and I like to tell my close friends that I am still a bottle feed toddler in that I am drinking juices and smoothies with a very rare slip of a solid veggie, fruit, and a nut or two. I have even been spotted nibbling on lettuce leaves. But for the most part, I am happily living on juices and smoothies.


My travel season is right around the corner so it will be interesting to see how I resolve those challenges. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment