Friday, August 28, 2015

My Raw Vegan Journey Day 15

How am I feeling? If I were and better I'd have to be twins!

I know that people are supposed to feel horrible and miserable and sad and even deprived. Heck I've read that your even supposed to look horrible. I must be a late bloomer or something because I have the exact opposite reaction. By Day 4 I felt fantastic and my energy and enthusiasm has only gotten better. I don't feel discouraged, I feel encouraged. I have even had customers mention that my eyes look brighter and lord knows I have gotten way chatty. I was happy and talkative before, but it's gotten worse. I had one of my lovely Très Spa shampoo customers come by for a quick hello and I really chatted her ear off! I was just so happy to learn she was a Vegan that I was like a puppy who found their new best friend.

Maybe I will experience some down side somewhere down the road, but for now I gotta' tell you I feel absolutely fantastic. I have more than enough energy to get me through the day and beyond. I greet every day with a series of Sun Salutations (if you have done Yoga you know what that is), get my 30 minutes in the sun, and swim almost every day (after all I don't need a lunch break anymore).
While I am making a pretty good go of things, I'm not perfect and I continue to struggle with things like water. I was never a water drinker before. In fact, I don't like the taste of water. I still don't. But, I am supposed to be drinking a gallon of water a day. A gallon! Do you have any idea how hard that is? Especially when you cannot stand the taste of it. But it is an important part to good health so  there is no getting around it, you need to figure it out. While a gallon might be too much for you, you need to get at least a half gallon down.  

Personally, I like flavor. So I think I found a happy compromise. I make a weak tea and when I say weak tea, I mean you only get a hint of tea. But, it is enough to give a hint of flavor to the water and it makes it so much easier to drink.  I also find it easier to deal with 2 half gallon jugs for a couple of reasons 1) I like to feel the sense of accomplishment when I finish one and 2) I get two different flavors to drink for the day. While I do have my favorite organic herbal blend, I try to mix it up and get a variety of herbal infusions into my water.
Send me your e-mail and I will send you the Detox Tea with instructions in pdf. Sign up here: http://eepurl.com/b5rI1

No comments:

Post a Comment