Friday, January 29, 2016

Aromatics - Why and What

Why would you need aromatics and what purpose do they serve.

My short list would include the following reasons. I'm sure I may have missed a few but this covers the most common ones at least.
  • Covering up that sudden oder?
  • Masking that annoying gym bag?/sports gear?
  • Changing the mood?
  • Sleep aid?
  • Clearing the mind?
  • Preparing for ceremony?
  • "Smell", from Allegory of the senses by Jan Brueghel the Elder, Museo del Prado
    "Smell", from Allegory of the senses by Jan Brueghel the ElderMuseo del Prado
And the list goes on! There are so many reasons to spray, mist, diffuse, or otherwise introduce a different aromatic into your living (working or commuting in your car) environment. We even try to sneak a bit of aroma into our work environment.My personal favorite reason is not on the list. Just because I can. It smells good and that makes me feel good.

We all have a boundless sea of products to choose from. Some are natural and others expertly developed in a lab from synthesized compounds engineered to have mass market appeal and be mass produced cheaply. But I don't swim in that pool, I'm on natures side so I stick to essential oils. When you are talking about Artisan crafting, no two people who blend their own synergy blends are alike. I focus on what I do so I cannot speak for others. When I craft I use pure essential oils and I create products that are in harmony with nature and are all Vegan friendly.* I select oils that "speak to me".

You can see the full selection on the website under Aromatic Mists. I have tried my best to describe the scents as clearly as possible for you. While there is a wide selection they tend to get grouped into some similar characteristics:

  • Floral : These tend to be soothing and impart peaceful feelings
  • Citrus ; These tend to uplift the spirit. Think about it, it's hard to frown when you are peeling an orange. 
  • Forest - These are stronger and lingering and tend to fall into the range of protection or grounding.Think about standing in a forest and how the tree roots deep into the earth and stands strong and tall reaching for the sky.
  • Herbal - These tend to be crisp and bold and are clarifying. 

Now this is a very simplistic guide to what can be a very complex process. Blending essential oils into a synergistic balance takes practice and there are many who go through very advanced training on the art of blending. Some of the blends I have created for Tres Spa took many months to finally balance. One took me over a yer and a half before I had it the way I intended it.

* Why Vegan Friendly? I am not a full Vegan but I do admire those who are. I have a great respect for those who practice any lifestyle that is in harmony with the world around us. They are my "toughest" customer and I figure if I can make them happy, the rest of us would be happy too. A side benefit for my Non Vegan customers, you can always claim your skin care is Vegan if it's Tres Spa! 


Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Tres Spa Subscribe Here!

Of course, our website is always open so stop by any time www.tresspa.com or on Amazon

If you like it, share it!

Have something to add? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment