Saturday, January 16, 2016

De-Stress - Add a little Yoga to your day

I was strolling along in the internet this morning and something caught my eye.An article about a group of muscles that may control/contribute to feeling stressed. Here is the link for you to read.

.I first took Yoga classes years ago at a health club. Best choice I ever made. I loved it and I started swallowing up all the classes that I could attend and sampled a vast array of instructors and styles. I hung on their words and integrated all of their instruction.


But, for whatever reason, the habit didn't stick with me. Job change, moving my home, gym closed, hard to replicate at home, lost my favorite instructor.....life happens. Odd when you consider how much I truly enjoyed it. Maybe I just never took the time to stop and really ask myself why I liked it and what I truly liked about it.

So recently, I got back to it. Remembering one of the instructors in particular that I had years and years ago. He had a very simple approach. I need simple in my life since I do have a tendency to make it complicated. And alternatively, if it gets to complicated to get to and do, I stop. So simple is good!

He (I wish I could remember his name) was once telling a story of a great yoga master he studied under (Iyengar for those of you who may be interested). He, of course wanted to know what was the most important flow to do for core power. His wise instructor told him to "go and practice Sun Salutations every day. When you get to 20 every day, you will have what you seek".So of all of the vast array of Yoga posses, I chose to focus on the one flow; Sun Salutations and what a great great great way to greet the day.

To me, this instructor was the best I ever had and I'm going to share some of his other simple instruction words with you


  1. Yoga is a practice
  2. Don't rush the movement
  3. Don't force the posture (see number 1)
  4. The pose is made in the transition.


Funny when I look at that now, doesn't that match good advice for living our lives and even running a company (or two)? I think so.

So now that I am back into a regular flow of yoga practice, I am more mindful of why and what for me personally. Those actions translate to my daily activities. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I am up to working on practicing 3. I will let you know once I hit 20 but something tells me it will be obvious to others. :)

Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Tres Spa Subscribe Here!

Of course, our website is always open so stop by any time www.tresspa.com or on Amazon

If you like it, share it!



Have something to add? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment