Thursday, January 14, 2016

Raw Vegan Gluten Free Tabouli and Skin care!? What do they have in common?

OK I'm gonna share my favorite Raw Vegan food that also has two of my favorite ingredients I use in formulating skin care for Tres Spa. I filmed this last year, in fact I filmed it three different times and sometimes, you just have to let go so here it is folks! I hope you enjoy it.


Here are the ingredients for you to experiment with. I am estimating the measurements since I rarely ever use measuring cups or spoons in the kitchen. I need one creative outlet that allows me to compose with reckless abandon! So when I am in the kitchen, I cook with wild abandon. :)


  • 1 cup Hemp Seeds - the taste is heady with warm earthy notes. Super rich in nutrients and excellent source of Omega fatty acids. 
  • 1 bun of Parsley chopped. You can use cilantro if there is no parsley around but the end resulting taste is very different. From what I understand they are both excellent to support the liver. For all your liver does for you, you want to support it any way you can!
  • Onion - Now I like Spring onions ( I know I said yellow in the video but I was holding a bundle of green onions) and I use a bundle of them since they tend to be mild. Red Onion is also an excellent choice but you would only need a tablespoon or three.  Shallots? Okay if you want. 
  • Tomatoes! I use a cup or two - I love love love tomatoes. I always have and I crave them!! I remember when I was first diagnosed with Psoriasis - they told me not to eat them. It wasn't until years later when I was reading research that said dig in and eat tomatoes (as well as others). I was so happy! I had cheated all along, but now I didn't need to hide my obsession. :) 
  • 1 Lemon - fresh squeezed and oh so nice. Did you know Lemon juice is a metabolic booster? 
  • Pepper to taste - use what pepper you want. There's a few to choose from out there so feel free to experiment. 
  • Sherpa Salt - just a little. I like to add a bit of mineral rich salt
  • ACV! Okay I use a splash or two - depends. But I love Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and I try to use it whenever and wherever I can. If you are not used to ACV, then go easy at first.  
This is my favorite salad that is also a condiment. I used it as a dip even. Try spreading it on celery stalks! Yumm!!!!

Get the inside scoop on specials and other announcements from Tres Spa Subscribe Here!

Of course, our website is always open so stop by any time www.tresspa.com

If you like it, share it!



Have something to add? Comment below

No comments:

Post a Comment